evaluation

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 08:36:13 PST 2002

Friends:

Just a comment on the use of evaluations.  I don't like doing them or using
them.  Peter Block a few years back did an interesting column about
evaluations.  His basic feeling is don't waste your time.  Now that may be a
bit harsh, but I would agree with him that feedback is best when it is
spontaneous and timely.  Hopefully, in the environment of Open Space, people
would feel secure enough to give honest feedback.

One other point on the Closing Circle.  I view the Closing Circle, not as a
time for evaluation so much, but as a time for reflection on the
relationships and conversation of the experience.  If this tends to be more
on the positive side, then I would say that's okay.  Open Space after all is
a hope-filled experience where people are motivated by their passions.

Thanks,
Dave Koehler