The Practice of Peace

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Thu Feb 21 00:36:46 PST 2002

Dear Harrison and friends

As I imagine you sitting there at the fire and our friends the
freedom fighters of opening the now and the space between parties who
have forgotten how  and why to do that ......

- i feel the subtle war going on everywhere......
between humans who believe in
- control instead of natural order
- in fear instead of the subtle love that connects us all
- we know it all instead of exploring the potential of the now together.......

and I value the work being done all over the world to open the
nowness and the space for peace and consciousness to surface again
and again until it will become second or next nature...

I bow to these efforts of courage big or small here or there.

- toke

*****

>When I was in Israel it became so clear to me that the power we
>experience in Open Space leads in precisely one direction -- towards
>Peace. Anything else is simply inconsequesntial. And if we (or at
>least I) do anything it is The Practice of Peace. On this cold night
>in February, I am sitting in Gottland, a Swedish Island in the
>middle of the Baltic Sea -- watching the BBC as the fires of war and
>madness burn in the middle east. I think of Tova, Avner, and my
>Palestinian friend Carol -- and I cry. But I also wish to celebrate
>their willingness to Open Space in the tightest of places. A little
>rambling for sure, but I beg each one of you on this list around the
>world to open some space in your heart for those caught in this mad
>caldron of fire.
>
>Harrison
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

"What is the quality that has no name ?"

Some of the project we are currently involved in :
Den Levende Netværksskole - et vindue mod verden   http://liv.acu-vejle.dk/
Netrepreneur - leadership training for Entrepreneurs in a networked
world  http://www.netrepreneur.dk
Art and business Folk High school   http://www.concept-for-hire.dk/ost
Open Space on Evaluation of social work   http://www.rorbak.dk/evasoc/
International network of leaders    http://www.fromthefourdirections.org/
Leadership in networks - training of small business leaders
http://www.mg50.dk/gruppe/
Convening strategic  conversations - workshop
http://www.shambhalainstitute.org/
World cafe network - Starting conversations that matter
http://www.theworldcafe.com/ComConversation.html

Toke Paludan Møller       InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
- City office at  "DAYS - like this"
- Mejlgade 50, st., 8000 C Århus, Denmark   Ph: +45 70 20 13 35.
Mobile  +45 2616 6919   Fax: +45 8619 1135
email:  toke at interchange.dk        URL: http://www.interchange.dk
Home office at the lake - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark