participative methods

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Mon Feb 11 22:36:37 PST 2002

well, Joelle, nice to hear from you and I would like to be there....
.... and my smiling face on a war memorial .... sound also not comfortable
... at least (while I don't find the right words), but still it was nice to
meet with you and help at least a little bit in this nice project. My
absence was not bad tottaly if you know. As I was on the conference of women
in Norilsk and the topic there was "Women vote for the new era in Pollar
area" where we (me and my collegues from Novosibirsk - trainers) help to
show at least our democratic methods and 1 day OS (at least one!), and where
I got acquanted to a president of "Women ZATO(which could be translated as
"on the other hand"", who organized and work in a former closed scientific
town Snejinskand now their life is in contradiction with the market economy
which is spreaded around, and they are doing the great work, just doing it,
helping a lot of people...

SO we did connections all around and I brought it back to Novosibirsk. The
FSC and OS we made in Snejinsk (town of snow) was the new technologies they
were talking about on the open seccion - they needed the technologies,
participative as it was sounding to me - to make things done in a city
together with the authorities and people envolved and dependent on the
solutions....

and was very gratefull that we JUST brought them when it was so needed....

well
back to work - as Marina need the report on this grant and me - as usual -
like to put all work in paper as well as helping keeping it going.

best

elena