Mission Statement, Service Standards, Service Descriptions

Richard Schultz richard at wisdomways.net
Mon Feb 4 08:50:53 PST 2002

Hi Lisa,

Another couple of books you might find helpful on Vision/Mission are:

Richard Barrett: Liberating the Corporate Soul, Building a Visionary
Organization. His website is www.corptools.net Richard gives training on
his values assessment tool and has a model for facilitating
Vision/Mission statements in organizations.  His model discussed the 7
levels of organizational, personal and leadership consciousness. There
are a number of articles on his site. His work is very much based on
Visionary organizations as defined in "Built To Last"

The second book I would recommend is "Practise What You Preach" by David
Meister. This book is a statistical study and "proofs" that successful
companies practise what they preach, or walk the talk. Vision
statements, mission statements and values are useless if they are only
espoused, they need to be lived in the organization. I think Open Space
would be a great way to work out how the organization is going to LIVE
what they espouse.

Cheers,
Richard Schultz