Open Space and restructuring

BJ Peters bjp1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 3 23:45:57 PST 2002

Joelle-- Years ago - before I'd heard of open space - as an inside
manager of a customer service department with an OD background, I took
the whole department through a reorganization. Due to the nature of the
work, there was much more participation from the managers and
supervisors than the service reps. However, everyone knew that jobs
would be changed (not eliminated). The creative juices were engaged, and
the structure that emerged had buy-in from most all involved.

Today, I would definitely use open space. And I know, if the more
structured process we used worked, open space would work infinitely better.

A thought - the theme for your group might be broad enough to include
something about going forward into the unknown, so that it could include
those folks that might need to move on.

Go for it --BJ Peters