Help with reports from short OST

Edward Ball OpenSpace01 at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 15:25:32 PDT 2002

Doug,

Be prepared to be surprised at all that comes out of the event!

At a recent 3-hour OS event with two 45-minute discussion sessions we:

1. Had the reports written on a sheet of flip chart paper (Issue, Convenor, Participants, Discussion Summary, Next Action Step, and Champion(s) were on the sheets the folks picked up to take to each session)using flip chart markers;

2. Had the reports posted with a blank sheet of flip chart paper just below the report so other folks could make comments and even cast their energy votes just before the closing circle;

3. Had one person with a laptop who typed up the comments to be posted on the organization's website with copies available at a local Kinko's for anyone who wanted a hard copy within 90-minutes of the end of the event (we e-mailed the Word files to Kinko's during the Closing Circle); and,

4. Learned that when people care about an issue and feel that more time is required they make arrangements to continue their discussions and action steps planning during the Closing Circle.

Doug, you will have many surprises during the short period of time -- one surprise will be the planning to continue that will take place.

With kindest regards,
Edward C. Ball, Associate
Hanna & Associates

4678 West Hoffer Street