A political campaign using OST -- information sharing by Ed Ball

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 16:46:26 PDT 2002

Ed--

Sounds great to me!

Reminds me about a community meeting I facilitated many years ago--not Open
Space, but the purpose was to give the people of the community a chance to
voice their ideas.

As it happened, the meeting came halfway between the primary and general
elections, so we had quite a few inquiries from politicians wanting to know
how they could participate.  My standard reply was that they were welcome to
join us for the day, as a listener or participant in the small-group
discussions, but that there would be no opportunity for political speeches.
Several made a token appearance, leaving after they realized that they were
not going to be given a platform for speaking.  But one man came for the
whole day, sitting in many different discussions and listening to people's
feelings and ideas.  Don't know how other people felt, but he got my vote!
And he was re-elected.

I wish Barbara the best of luck!

Joelle Everett