OS and Strategic Planning

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 11:51:01 PDT 2002

Brendan:

Well, yes and no.  I wouldn't necessarily call OS a strategic planning
process per se, but it certainly is the substance for strategic planning.
The best combination I have found is to gather as large a group of
stakeholders as you can, do and OS on the subject at hand.  And then ask (at
the OS event) who would like to do further work on developing a strategic
plan out of the proceeds of the OS.

We are currently doing this with health care in Peoria.  Our intial two day
OS took place in April 2002.  We since ther have had an ongoing group meeting
monthly to refine and shape all of the good information into a direction that
we want to pursue.

Thanks,
Dave Koehler