Space requirements for 400?

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Wed Aug 7 13:10:37 PDT 2002

You guys are great in trying to figure out the optimal space and chair
size.  I know others who have and may use your site, Koos, thanks.  I
still go by Harrison's direction; a group of 400 needs a theatre
capacity room of 800 to be comfortable in Open Space.  Doubling the
theatre capacity works for the events I have led.

Of course the shape of the room matters.  I have also found that any
more than 150 in the center circle (the inside circle) reduces the
energy as folks can't see each other across the room.  Maybe its just my
eyes, but I try to keep the center circle at that number or less, even
with a large group of 800 (if the room permits).  (It is interesting to
me that in the "Tipping Point" book, they present 150 as the optimal
size for an organizational unit.)

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation