AW: \Holding space

Heiner von Viebahn Heiner_von_Viebahn at web.de
Mon Apr 29 14:30:37 PDT 2002

Dear Audrey and all,

I do hold the space OPEN.

Happened just these days, that a group of teachers (alle of the participants
except for the leaders) wanted to INVITE their leaders to their session on
"communication" and the leaders almost responded, though not deliberately
so.
The group had created a semi-plenary situation, calling up old reflexus of
compliance on the side of their leaders.
This was where we HAD TO clarify i.m.o. the meaning of " who ever comes ..."
relates to breakout sessions as well, and found us asking the leaders if
they really wanted to comply, which in the end they didn´t. Quite an
intervention.

There definitely was a big bad moose under the carpet, and we facilitators
HAD to, that´s my idea of OS, be defending the openness of space. They found
a different place in convergence, of course, to follow up on the moose. AND
part of the participants WERE disapointed they couldn´t arrange a space for
their old quarrel.

See you soon

Heiner

Heiner von Viebahn
Supervision   Projektentwicklung  Organisationsberatung
Güntzelstraße 54
10717 Berlin
Fax     030 863 996 55
Funk    0177 8738039