Naming matters

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Fri Apr 26 05:19:13 PDT 2002

Dear Alan,
when you look at my signature below, its just my name.
My website, same thing.
I have no business card nor letterhead.
Sometimes I put "boscop" into the letterhead (boscop = berlin open
space cooperative).
Sometimes, especially asked if I am a consultant,  I say that I am a
consultant for organisations in transformation (in German "Berater
für Organisationstransformation") (this must be the same as "OT", the
mode that Harrison worked on when open space appeared to him via a
couple of martinis).
When I am in the open space-mood (pretty much all the time) I call
myself "open space-Begleiter" (thats to avoid the term "open
space-Moderator" which unhappily is often used in Germany).
Open space-Begleiter translates as "open space-companion". It
immediately signals that this must be something different. That
always leads into a productive dialog.
If I had to, I would call myself a consultant or a Begleiter (in
accordance with open space-Begleiter).
Good luck with your new venture!!
Greetings from Berlin where all the gardens are awash with apple and
cherry and plum blossoms promising fruit...
michael

--Original Message Text---
From: Alan Stewart
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:47:03 +0930

Hi All

Ralph poses an interesting dilemma. Whether or not to indicate in
what we call ourselves the nature of our services.

Florian expresses the case for the latter with usual flair!

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
Fax2mail: 49-30-263 917 301 521
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK