ITS OVER WHEN THE BOSS SPEAKS...

Kerry Napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 12:01:20 PDT 2002

When facilitating an event, we stay close to the sponsor.  We take
soundings throughout the day about how s/he feels the event is going.
More importantly, like Larry Peterson wrote, we encourage the sponsor to
provide a bridge to the future, that is, deal with " where do we go from
here?"  We suggest there are four options to consider before the sponsor
makes closing remarks.  In fact, the sponsor can wait until s/he sees
the priorities before responding, the ultimate in flexibility.  Our
experience suggests the sponsor has to consider next steps or risk
losing the goodwill and commitment of  participants.

Kerry Napuk
Open Futures
www.openfutures.com