ITS OVER WHEN THE BOSS SPEAKS...

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 09:38:17 PDT 2002

Brendan

Never wait for the organisers to talk to the chief.  Go to the chief
and let s/he end the event with closing remarks on the future, e.g.
where do we go now?   We give the sponsor three options:

1. thank everyone for coming

2. tell everyone they will get a record of the event, i.e. whayever
appears on the flipchart sheets and voted priorities.

3. invite participants to implement the priorities after the event in
a steering group, work party or whatever form they adopt.

Mind you this works for one and one and half day events, because
there is never enough time to carry forward the priorities with
detailed action planning.

Brendan, nail those hijackers before they nail you and ruin the event!

Cheers

Kerry
Open Futures Ltd
www.openfutures.com