OST for a city council

Don Ferretti DFerrett at placer.ca.gov
Mon Apr 15 08:32:14 PDT 2002

I had an opportunity to open space for a county government that is doing planning around animal control issues.  About 70 people showed up and identified issues that definitely expanded the context for the planners to consider. The recommendations from the group will eventually make their way to the board of supervisors. Also, as in most cases of OS, there were connections made between people that will outlive the planning process.

>>> koosdhr at auryn.nl 04/10/02 08:36AM >>>
Dear All,

I am talking to a city council this Friday about doing an Open Space
Technology conference for the city. It is about a city planning issue.
There is an empty spot in the city and the planning process for this spot
has come to a grinding halt because of conflicting interests, and because
of sloppy communication.

My proposal will be do an OST meeting and to invite all stakeholders:
residents and business people from the neighborhood, politicians, city
council employees, the real estate development company, etc.

Do you know of any examples of OST being used in a case like this? If so,
could you send me some information? I am certain the person I talk to on
Friday will ask about similar use of OST elsewhere. Any input will be
greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Koos de Heer
Auryn management advies BV