Health Care OS in Peoria

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Thu Apr 11 07:14:34 PDT 2002

Dear Friends:

Thank you to all who responded to my question about having lap tops in the
sessions during our OS event on health care.  Last night was our first night,
and we did not disrupt the discussions with computer note taking.  What we
had instead was a bank of 12 lap tops at one end of the hall, which worked
out very well.

Our OS event was a success last night.  (We have one night to go.)  It was
the first time ever that a large group of physicians, other health care
providers and payers/consumers had ever come together to talk.  The
discussion was very spirited, with the physicians leading the way in
criticizing the fact that we have a "non-system" of health care in this
country and in Peoria.

We will post the discussion notes on our web site at www.palmpeoria.org in
about a week.  We are also setting up the capability to continue a virtual OS
discussion of this issue.

Again, thanks for all your comments.  It's good to have a backup group of
knowledgeable people mentoring us through the experience.

Dave Koehler