OST for a city council

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Wed Apr 10 09:38:21 PDT 2002

Koos, I have used OST in three different situations with municipalities.
The one that comes the closest to your situation was working with 140
citizens, politicians, police and city staff to craft a community-wide
strategy for combating elder abuse in the City of Mesa, Arizona, USA.  The
Open Space meeting was very powerful, with a couple of Native American women
spontaneously smudging the conference hall and offering prayers in the
circle.  The results were clear and actionable, with many citizens and city
staff eager to get going on implementation.  However, I understand that the
new Police Chief did not take ownership for her coordination role due to
several crises that took priority and the implementation never occurred.  In
that case, it was "over" within a month of the event.

Best wishes in your work.

Christine Whitney Sanchez
Milagro Organizational Consulting, Inc.
2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue