Fw: Boris Kagarlitsky, Moscow Times

william becker fbbecker at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 29 05:43:33 PDT 2001

Boris' logic makes perfect sense in the environment from which he comes.
Not having lived in a "free" Jeffersonian society but only under despotic
rulers, his propensity for conspiracy and intrigue are a natural result of
his life experience.  He is a soviet sociologist.  He is part of a crop of
human beings that have perceptions from the soil from which they were
nourished.

Of course, we all are crops of sorts with various perceptions......yet I put
my money on those of us who were and are nourished by our Constitution, rule
of law, and Bill of Rights.

Are we innocent ?  No.  Are we guilty?  Yes. We are guilty of naivety,
materialism focus, and of falling asleep.

Are we a good and generous nation?  Yes.
Does any nation or people deserve what happened to the citizens on the
airplanes and in the buildings that were destroyed?  No.

There is the way we would like it to be and the way it is.  Let's deal with
it as it is, and work towards making it the way we want it to be.

Bill Becker