Turtle (way of warrior)

Heidi and Dan Chay chay at alaska.com
Sat Sep 29 00:40:22 PDT 2001

Thanks Michael,

Your experience sounds promising.   I just went back and scanned around again.  Some of the old Openspace threads (the most recent I saw was posted last May) are interesting, particularly by way of better getting to know the good handful of you who posted frequently.  I'm happy to experiment.  In the interest of liveness, if someone were to start a thread and somehow let me know, I'd try to find it to respond.

What I've experienced on other bulletin board enterprises, is that it only takes a few experiences of returning to the web site, passing into it with a password, following the links, and discovering that there's been little change or no response to attenuate my participation.  Low bandwidth here contributes to the experience.  I've had limited exchanges on bulletin boards, but I've never had that emergent sense of connection, community, and dialogue that I have had on lists, including this one this last month.  Many things have to come together in fruitfulness, openness, and wholeness for emergence.  Demergence happens very easily.

 I'm also willing to try to follow the norms of this list as embodied and expressed by the rest of you.

Best wishes,

Dan