circle of support

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Fri Sep 28 09:05:22 PDT 2001

I struggle with what I wrote. I do not want to pretend to be a moral
arbiter of what is appropriate for this list. And I do not want to walk
away from the importance of what Sept 11 has opened up in the world, and
what the US has to learn, and offer.

I think I wanted to offer a "mindfulness bell", like the one that is struck
every so often at Plum Village*, inviting us to return to our breathing for
a moment, and begin again.

This list has a unique purpose, we are a unique network. What does this
time mean for us in particular?

I will trust what emerges here; I will delete what I don't choose to read;
I will trust my intuition about what and when to write. It's all good.
Carry on!

Jeff

*Community founded by Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh.