United Nations Petition

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Thu Sep 27 12:31:00 PDT 2001

At 16:13 27-09-2001, kenoli Oleari wrote:
>I am sorry to report that this petition is a hoax.  It crashed the UN
>computers and gave them a virus.  I trusted it because it came from a
>friend who works for the UN.  Please ignore it. -- Kenoli
>

>>While the actual wording of this is vague, I was quite pleased that
>>such a thing was coming out of the United Nations.  I received it
>>from a colleague working in a UN agency in Jakarta, Indonesia. --
>>Kenoli
>>
>>>*******************************************************
>>>  > > >The UNO (United Nations) is receiving signatures
>>>  > > >against the possibility of a future war

The petition is really circulating worldwide; so it is real...

Indeed the wording is not very good, as it can be understood that the UN
issued the petition. I think it means that someone issued the petition
to the UN. And indeed the petition is being received at the UN... Too much
of it, it seems.

Please note that the petition doesn't contain a virus (and it can't contain
as it has no attachments). Too many messages received by a server can
procude a crash - not a virus.

Artur