Microsoft Word is obviously bringing hidden anti Jewish hate-messages onto our desktops

Ros Crompton ros at momentum-learning.com
Tue Sep 18 15:01:49 PDT 2001

Dear Hape, and list members,

I don't honestly believe it's an obvious message.  It's an unlikely
combination - NYC and wingdings. And if you print all the wingdings out in
alphabetcial order, you will see that similar symbols are clustered together
so I don't believe there is any malice here. Let's not spend precious time
and thought on looking for these things - it's important to air feelings and
also to feel confident aabout what is worth dealing with and what not!
Likewise, it's helpful to have a safe place to check out these things.  I
hope that this one just fades away.

I'd like to add another note - I have recently changed my email address and
as the old one still works, I didn't change it with the list. My recent post
didn't get through I don't think so I include it below.  Hope this one makes
it!

My best to all, Ros.

Dear List Friends,
I have been watching the dreadful events as they unfold, reading your words,
and struggling to concentrate on the daily life and work tasks.  Many years
ago I was struck by a sentence from an early book of Wayne Dyer's "We teach
others how to treat us." It shocked me and then became a strong part of my
personal instruction for living.  I am so very up-lifted by the sentiments
and deep understanding that flows through the OS way of being and know/have
faith that this way of being treated and treating others is so very
supportive and influential.  I know too, that we are more than citizens of
nations and I tussle with comprehending this on a new level now.
This has taken ages to write - if the computer picked up all my emotional
subscripts this message would still be loading tomorrow.   I know that I
will be and do whatever I can ... I don't know what yet.  ... I'm going to
the market for my fresh vegetables.  A Moslem family owns my favourite stall
and I want them to be treated well.
Blessings, Ros.