Sept 11th and afterwards

Eddie Palmer EEddiepalmer at cs.com
Tue Sep 18 06:28:39 PDT 2001

Dear all,

Thanks you for all of the contributions of the last week - I was actually
away from all media! I've been so touched by all the contributions, and since
logging on on Sunday, have just finished wading through all of them.

I was on holiday with friends, canoeing on the island of Lismore off the west
coast of Scotland, so we heard the news by meeting other tourists, saw a
paper two days afterwards, and I only saw the TV coverage on Sunday night. So
it's been a sort of delayed shock. However, to repeat what Harrison said, the
skies went very quiet for the days afterwards  - p lanes going west always
cross the west coast of Scotland.

Thank God a friend on holiday in New York from Scotland was safe - she had
visited the WTC on the Monday with husmand and father

Best wishes to all, no matter what involvement you have

Eddie Palmer
Edinburgh