Truth, conflict and much besides

Trev Mason trev.mason at skillnz.govt.nz
Sun Sep 2 20:37:06 PDT 2001

Tena koe David
(A New Zealand greeting)

Really enjoyed your observations and comments about truth, conflict & much
besides.

Your Hebrews reference about strangers and angels reminded me of a recent
conversations with a missionary friend just back from China. He was rushing
to catch a train about to depart the platform when he tripped. His leg
plunged down between the platform and the carriage and he was overwhelmed by
searing pain, yet aware he had only moment to extract himself from his stuck
state before the train pulled out from the platform. Suddenly he was pulled
clear by this Chinese stranger who helped him into the carriage as the door
slammed shut and the train departed. No words passed between the two, as my
friend fought to hold consciousness, while the pain rolled over and over
him. When he got to his destination the man helped him off the train ,
without a word, and when Steve composed himself and cleared his head enough
to thank this kindly stranger- he was gone!

In truth, Steve had no doubts that this was an angelic helper sent by the
creator to assist servant, whose time had not come.
Such things happen all the time to this wonderful man of God.

with arohanui
trev