an OST meeting within another OST meeting within an intentionally created Open Space within the great Creator's Open Space

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 21 16:54:37 PDT 2001

Dear friends and colleagues in Open Space,
Thank you to all who participated in the gathering this morning to "open
space" for harmony in the world with a commitment to "holding the space" for
the balance of our lifetimes.

We are having an OST meeting within another OST meeting within an
intentionally created Open Space within the great Creator's Open Space. Here
is what is happening and we will let you know how it all works out. We feel
that we are intentionally and consciously replicating what happens in life
anyway--and yet with a difference.

This afternoon, here in Raleigh, North Carolina, within that grand Open
Space (not an Open Space Technology meeting as we know it) those of us
gathered here for the first "Train the Trainer" in the Genuine Contact
program began an Open Space Technology meeting to co-create the program
beyond the "givens" set by Ward and I as the initiators of the program. We
wish this work to be organic, with a life of its own. 18 people will emerge
from this, prepared to teach Working With Open Space Technology and about
the conscious Open Space Organization, in various parts of the world. This
Open Space Technology meeting will continue on until Sunday evening.  I am
facilitating this Open Space Technology meeting, which although I was a
prime creator of the Genuine Contact program, eliminates my input into the
content during this meeting because as a facilitator I do not post topics or
enter the conversations.We had our evening news that finished just after 5
pm. The theme is "issues and opportunities for Working With the Genuine
Contact program" with 5 "givens" predetermined but most of the program being
open for co-creation.

This evening, the same gathering, with a few additional guests and others
who are popping in with their contributions on line from various locations
in the world, has convened another Open Space Technology meeting with the
topic "issues and opportunities for developing the International Alliance
for Mentoring". The only "given" for this Open Space Technology meeting is
the definition of mentoring that is to be used if this International
Alliance for Mentoring gets birthed tonight as an organization. This Open
Space Technology meeting is facilitated by Judi Richardson, began just after
6pm and will go to about 10pm.

And of course, this is all within the Open Space for harmony in the world
that was created this morning. And that is all within the larger Open Space
created by our Creator.

At the very least, we are learning and playing just now.

Blessings
Birgitt