How is Bin Laden just like the rest of us?

Julie Hotard julie at pinefish.com
Tue Sep 18 10:04:41 PDT 2001

Interesting that Bin Laden has 300 million dollars but doesn't use it to
feed these starving people he's so concerned about.  In that way he's very
human, like all of us.  Although I think it would also be safe to say that
he's not a very introspective guy who hesitates to be the one to cast the
first stone (or airplane.)  We may give some to others.  But whether we are
in the U;S. or in some other country, most of us seem to always believe that
the person with more money than we have should be the primary one giving and
helping out.  I guess Bill Gates is the only one who can't pass the buck to
"those rich people who have so much more than I have", which is why he had
to start doing more charitable giving in recent years   Osama and all the
rest of us look to him to do the Lion's share of the job in taking care of
these problems.  Although maybe I and you and everyone should reconsider
this strategy of looking to someone wealthier.  As in other areas, Osama is
not exactly what I would call a good role model.