Balancing on the edge

Sharon Quarrington sharonq at pdesigns.com
Sat Sep 15 18:13:56 PDT 2001

Bruce and I have been travelling around the west coast of Canada since OSonOS
and flew home with our two small children late Monday evening.  Jetlagged we
were awakened early on Tuesday to see our world changed.

Monday the only fear I had on the plane was would my 2 year old nap long enough
for me to watch the movie.  I'm not sure I will ever feel quite that safe again.

I am so afraid that the world is perched at the edge of an cliff, one small push
and we will all go over.  Is it possible that the voice of reason will be heard
by those who need to hear it?  It has seemed so hopeless.  The only voice that
is heard is the voice of War - the sound of wisdom on this list gets drowned out
by the voices of anger and revenge.  Hope seems far away.

And then I read that Peggy will be leading an Open Space for the newspaper
editors.  Others are convening OS's around the world.  Perhaps the four voices
will get heard after all.

Thank you to everyone on this list that has posted this week.  You have given me
hope and renewed my faith.

Sharon