occidentorient

Ruth Karzel r.karzel at web.de
Wed Sep 12 05:17:31 PDT 2001

Dear all,

let me, an OS-apprentice with Michael in Berlin, tell you that I feel deep grieve for what has happened

my first sorrow after the news was, "I hope, I hope that not revenge will be the main thought in Amerika", because violence is the seed for further violence

your voices are moving and comforting me, speaking about love

what I thought than was,
this cruel attack sounds like desperation,
it might be the result of the seed of violence,
planted through years and centuries, the result of hurted,
humiliated souls, and - if it really comes from this
eastern part of the world - it is the fruit of a century-old
struggle between Orient and Occident,never resolved since
the times of the cruisades
this old lack of respect on the side of Occident
in front of other civilizations

all these sounds theory in this moment, I know,
but it should not be forgotten because history
is the backbag of us all (if we want to understand)

and so
your warm voices are so important now
to help to stop the spiral of hatred, even if it seems difficulty, now (and maybe against certain interests)

looking at the example of the irish terrorist and the priest,
understanding and transformation are possible,
and the first step to understand is
to understand ourselves and to admit our own abysses
and that they take part of ourselves, as you wrote

just in this moment writing this the strange thought crossed my head, that these cruel and desperate murderers did a thing that in reality may be one face, one expression, the dark side of a whole we are all part of, seeing world like one organism. Perhaps here lies a point to begin to understand the "why???"?

and so we are concerned as well, we suffer with you in America
and feel deep grieve with you

warmest blessings

Ruth Karzel
Berlin