still nights

Judi Richardson richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Tue Sep 11 20:52:16 PDT 2001

It is 12:45 a.m. here in Nova Scotia.  thank you for the meditation tonight it helped.  Since late afternoon I have been co-ordinating the effort to house over 1000 air travellers at a Campus of the Nova Scotia Community College.  I am taking a break and a few deep breaths.  Prayers were answered ten minutes ago as a truck arrived with more cots which we desperately needed.

It has been an evening of baby formula, gobs of food, many languages, tired and weary travellers, tears, and more cell phones than I've ever seen!  We have had food arrive from all over.  Two telephone companies have donated free long distance and internet..... I just left the most jovial 95 year old British gentleman.

The gymnasium and rink are full of sleeping travellers..... at this moment the pain and anguish has subsided .... I'm off to find baby cereal and possibly more cots or mats.....

Thank you so much for all you prayers....

Judi