Meeting Procedure and OST

skaparlust skaparlust at swipnet.se
Tue Sep 4 05:01:47 PDT 2001

Dear Viv,
I have found that there are other ways of creating an common agenda, similar
to Open Space, when you run small,  reoccuring meetings with a permanent
work group.
In my tool box for Better meetings I describe a way of creating the agenda
together in the meeting where everyone takes responsibility for their own
issue. The participants say what type of topic they have in mind; an
information, a discussion or a decision issue, or all, and also state how
much time he or she thinks will be needed. There is a procedure for dealing
with time shortage.The group decides which issue to start with and which is
to follow. You can combine this procedure with a proposed agenda with
information that need to be read in advance.
I would say the greatest difference between this agenda and Open SPace is
that the whole group deals with every question.

I will be happy to translate the exact procedure if you wish to.
Good Luck
Agneta Falk