A subtle change in the news?

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Tue Sep 18 01:47:40 PDT 2001

dear friends,
as well we have to look to the way of making news, cutting them,
enlarging them,
because news are an product.
in the german tv 1 there was shown president bush saying
"..... in the old western there was a poster >wanted, dead or alive<
....."
and we got shocked understanding that he mentioned
to practice old western style of hunting men.
later we listened to the radio: a german reporter asked his american
partner
about that and was told about the situation:
the president had been asked from a reporter:
"mr. president, do you want bin laden dead or alive ?"
the president answered:
"well, in the old western there was a poster >wanted, dead or alive<,
but we want to bring him to justice"
i think that is an important difference, as i understood.
(perhaps my quoting has lingual mistakes, but i think the sense is
correct)

florian