550 plus! AND WHAT ABOUT 5,0000?

Eiwor Backelund eiwor.backelund at centerpartiet.se
Wed Oct 24 10:02:28 PDT 2001

Hallo Elena,
I hope you get through with the OS because it is such a wonderful method
to help people create their own world. My reflection of your letter is
that isn´t it funny that people are so like each other everywhere in the
world. There are always those who say they don´t like the method but I
feel the point is they are scared of getting what they think is their own
power, reduced. They have not yet seen that a position build on relations,
which will be the case if they make space for people to move on, is so
much stronger than a position build on control. I have this discussion
before almost every OSmeeting and that is with people who works with
liberal adult education in Sweden. This fear of losing control is
everywhere and I can have a hard time with that too.
Still I hope you get your large OSmeetings, that would be wonderful.

But there is also one thought: What will come afterwards? That is
important to know so you can tell the participants before they start.
People I know are tired of having nice discussions and then they think
something will move on afterwards.They want to know if someone taking care
of the issues afterwards or if they are allowed to do it themselves.

Blessings
Eiwor