Some reflections on OST, Bin Laden, etc.

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 13:01:28 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/18/01 3:23:17 PM, owenhh at mindspring.com writes:

<< True. but what is also "true" is that the tighter the system, the more you
can get away with. 'cause nobody suspects that anybody would dare. This is
not about terrorism (though I guess it could be) -- but as a denizen of one
of the largest "closed systems" -- the US Government for 20 years, I did
what I thought then (and now) were wonderful and wild things (read GOOD) by
playing in the realm of the Informal System. Never had a problem, because
nobody could believe I would actually do such a thing.

Harrison--

I've noticed this phenomenon myself from time to time.  Sometimes there is a
lot of freedom in not knowing what can't be done.  Or trying something so far
outside of the ordinary for that situation that no one has ready defenses
against it.

Joelle