OST with local Catholic Diocese (long)

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 11:49:29 PDT 2001

Lisa--

I really like the complexity and flexibility of this.  Prayer seems to me an
outstanding way to open space (people don't always intend that, but God has
been known to respond to human invitation in surprising ways!)

But I can see the logistical challenges--easy for individual groups to pray
when they desire, difficult to ask for the whole group to stop what they are
doing and join in a collective prayer.  One old approach I have heard of is
the idea that someone is always praying, supporting the whole.

For your next meeting, what about having Mass just before the OS, for any who
wish to do that?  Although I am a Protestant, I like the Catholic idea that
Mass brings Christ into the room in a tangible way.  Obviously, this is a
question for your dream team.

All my good wishes as you continue this exciting project.  I am a big
supporter of opening space for spirit in churches everywhere!

Joelle