os journeyn (LONG)

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 21:38:09 PDT 2001

Elena--

Truly, you make my head spin with all the work you are doing!  And we saw
some of the results of your work in July, when we discovered that many of the
women at the leadership conference had already experienced one or more Open
Space conferences.

I also observed that the Siberian women who were in OS with us in Tacoma and
in Novosibirsk were reluctant to divide the group and attend different
sessions, but worked very hard to present all the sessions sequentially.  And
I decided that if this is self-organized and agreeable to the participants,
it is probably okay.  Though I would like the group to divide by interest and
work longer on their questions.  But I think overall it is working.

I felt very sad about the Sibir plane which went down--it is just a tragedy
for the people involved, and also for the airline.  And I understand why
Russians are still flying--your country is so huge that it is not too
feasible to hop in your car and drive!

I salute you and Marina for your hard work to introduce new ways of working
together to so many people.  If they try something new, then they have more
choices for the future.  Know that many of us are cheering for you!

Joelle