Moving Open Space without closing it . . .

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 17:05:53 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/4/01 2:52:32 AM, artsilva at mail.eunet.pt writes:

<< Finally in my opinion it is important to maintain only one list for the
OS dialogue, and not different ones for different flavors, so that all
experience is shared among all the OS community, and it will not
be replaced by many communities, eventually with a more closed
or commercial oriented focus. I think that if all discussions are keep
together, more diversity will be included, and a better and quicker
learning will be possible for each one and all of us.

Artur

Artur, your comment corresponds to my feeling that the conversations should
be in one place, with all of us free to read or not as we wish.  I personally
have very little patience for tracking down a subject through multiple
websites or other venues.  And I am remembering a what a wise man once told
me when I remarked that I was cleaning my desktop:  "Don't get it too
clean--when you have a variety of things on your desk, they breed, or develop
a synergy which you would never  discover if you keep them separated."

I'm sure this is relevant to an electronic desktop as well.  My online
desktop is piled as high as the physical desk in the next room--and I am
thriving on the variety of viewpoints and the synergy.

Facilitation is more a matter of who you are than what you do, and I see us
exploring new parts of our being under the stress of this tragedy.  So I
think it's a good thing.

Joelle