Action planning design

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 2 09:38:51 PDT 2001

At 04:36 PM 10/2/01 +0200, you wrote:
>I see three alternatives right now but would surely appreciate your thoughts
>on this!
>1. Invite the ones who brought up the top issues to a facilitated process
>together with the decisionmakers, around how to go on with these issues. (e
>g Harissons three levels do/talk/OST)
>2. Invite to an afternoon of actionplanning - all in one group that will
>split up into the different issues ending with a short report out and a
>little time for discussions.
>3. 6 separate meetings processfacilitated to reach an actionplan on each of
>them.

I don't think you/they screwed up -- just found some new opportunities...

I think I would do a combination of 1 and 2. Invite everybody (those who
care will come) and especially the conveners. Then just do it by the book,
starting with the part where you ask folks to record their best ideas about
Related Issues and Next Steps. Then it is over to the conveners for a quick
triage (do it, talk it, OS it) -- and back to the group for the details.
Probably could do it all in a couple of hours.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA