Opening Space Outside

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 2 06:22:06 PDT 2001

At 02:43 PM 10/2/01 +1000, you wrote:

>I am planning to use 10 mobile pin boards. Maybe thick paper or thin card
>to minimise the issues blowing around. Not sure how to adhere these to the
>board to stop them from sticking. Not sure how to guide people into a
>circle with minimum of fuss while they are standing, perhaps, with tape on
>the ground (cement).

I've been there once or twice -- and creating the circle outside is pretty
easy and can be fun -- if the group is up for it. Basically, you invite
them to enter single file and create the circle by leading them around the
perimeter. Holding hands helps (if they are willing) and a song sung goes a
long way to keeping them "in step". If you have lots of people and a small
space, bringing them in 2X2 (3X3 etc) will do the job. I'm guessing that if
your folks are the sort who would meet outside in a Fort... they ought to
be up for this sort of thing. And for sure Aussies love to sing. Have fun.
You don't have a problem -- you could have a real party.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA