my vision and reason for working with the Genuine Contact program as a vehicle to develop the conscious Open Space Organization

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 30 09:24:22 PST 2001

My quest, my vision, and my invitation to join those of us engaged in this
work—coming to a place where my mind, heart, and action are in alignment

To develop my vision, I thought of my children, stepchildren and all of my
descendents. And wanted to develop my own clarity about what I want to look
back on at the time of my dying, clarity for me about what would satisfy me
regarding what I want to leave for this next generation and those to come.
It was helpful to me in developing my vision to think of each of these
beloved and precious human beings in my life: four children, four
step-children, and two step-grandchildren so far.

Since I was a small child, since the earliest of my remembering, I wanted to
know and serve God. God for me is Spirit, Prime Creator. I set about on the
journey that was my own path to find my way. I learned that it is important
to me to walk the mystical path with practical feet. I do not choose to stay
off in the flow and glow world. I am here on this earth and I am here to be
my fullest self and to leave this world having made a contribution towards
our evolution and development. I found that in order to develop my vision
for my life and my work, I needed to have the courage to answer the
questions “who am I” and “why am I here”.  My journey to date has been my
quest to answer these questions.

The “who am I” question is a hard one, because it requires speaking my truth
to myself. In order to bring my mind, heart, and actions into alignment I
had to examine what my mind is and wants, what my heart is and wants, and
whether my actions align with my heart and mind. Do I walk my talk? My
vision of what I want to leave for the next generation includes that I have
lived a life of being authentically me and from this place, allowing each of
them to be authentically them. I wonder if there is a greater gift that I
can give these children? I think it is the biggest gift because if they each
find their way to being authentically themselves, they will uncover the
great light and power inside themselves and they will remember their
connection with Spirit, basking in the fullness of this relationship. Every
person has great inner light and the opportunity to discover it. I want that
to be a lesson that my very living teaches others for their own connection
to Spirit.

Once the “who am I” question was answered by me and for me, the “why am I
here” question was easy to answer. I am here to be me. I am a lighted being
and a clear and perfect channel for God’s love and healing energy.  I am
here to create opportunities for people to awaken their higher
consciousness. When higher consciousness is awakened, the likelihood of
people making life nurturing rather than life depleting choices is higher.

The vehicle I choose to fulfill this is unimportant. There are many at my
fingertips. It is important for me to be me and for me to know what I am
available for and what I am not available for. I am responsible for managing
my energy.  At the time of my death, I would like it said that I was
authentically me and that anyone around me could pick up my state of BEING
and not simply my DOING.

However, there is work for me to DO beyond whatever I achieve with my state
of BEING. I want to leave for my children that I have achieved something
with my DOING as well as my BEING.  I choose to work with organizations of
people rather than one on one work because for me there is spiritual
efficiency in this. I don’t shy away from the one to one work when Spirit
provides me the opportunity to do so. I respect free will, I respect that
each individual has his or her own path to follow, and I believe that each
individual has within them the key ingredients to make life nurturing rather
than life depleting choices.

I have examined organizations of people carefully and found that all
organizations have within them the key ingredients to make life nurturing
rather than life depleting choices that would lead to positive development
and evolution. A higher level of consciousness is needed to recognize the in
ner greatness that is there and then to have the courage to work with it and
from it. For me, all organizations are Open Space Organizations, working
with Spirit. My quest is to work with those who wish to be conscious Open
Space Organizations and consciously work with Spirit. My quest is to work
with those organizations of people who choose to lead organizations as
though Spirit matters and people are precious. My vision is that at the time
of my death, I have created the opportunities for millions of organizations
of people to access their higher consciousness and to work as conscious Open
Space Organizations, with Spirit. My vision is that at the time of my death,
thousands of others will also be doing this work, moving it forward each in
their unique ways, following the paths that are uniquely theirs.

The vehicle I have chosen to carry this work out is my work as a consultant
to organizations, using a program that I developed and now others are
co-creating with me, called Genuine Contact. For me, the Genuine Contact
program is the vehicle to assist in the development of the conscious Open
Space Organization.

I have clarified for me, who I am. I have clarified for me what my vision is
and what I am here to do. I have chosen a vehicle of how to achieve my
vision. I ask Spirit to enable this vision if it is for highest good and
highest joy and to show me the way. I ask Spirit to bring to me those
organizations and people that are ready to work with me for their evolution
and development for higher consciousness.

I choose my life to be used wisely and well and in service to Spirit

Respectfully submitted to my colleagues and friends,
Birgitt