tax policemen and secretaries of underage touph children

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Sat Oct 20 19:15:12 PDT 2001

I think so too, Joelle,

and if I were the person to make all the orangements, I would like to do it
properly, but we (Marina and me) are often put in the situation when we are
asked if we could do something TOMORROW or after tomorrow? and with such and
such people?
sometimes it could be in a week , but with the only information that there
will be people from Commettee dealing with the under age (less then age) of
punishment - that will be the next Wednesday, and that mean that the
secretaries of these commettees will be on "classes" for follow up trainings
and usually we are given about 3 hour, and sometimes devide 60 people into 3
groups....

so We do ask to give us the whole group to real dialogue, we do ask to not
devide them in groups as we can recieve MORE dialogue and the big room
without or nearby tables and just chairs, so yesterday it was a progress in
this case: we got all the group, not enough, but big room, and the WHOLE (as
they say)  3,5 hours. As there were only 5 questions, and that was enough
only for one session, so we started reporting-closing session at once they
were finished with the first and were talking in the corridor.....! so we
decided, that we need to start and the reports were very solid and all
people were interested, as they crossways with each other, but they say that
they could not talk everything, and they do talk about this on their job
meeting, but I'm sure they recieved a new possibility to hear not only the
chiefs... and they want to type their reports... and take them with them...

This is just the posibility we use in Marina's Academy for Public Service
when people come from different places for follow up and for different
topics. it was first time with tax policemen, but it would be like 4th with
secretaries. So we tried several trainings, but it would be good to try OS
and give them the solid (if it could be said about OS, but I really mean
it!) tool for meeting between parents and children who got into criminal
zone very young, so they are on the list of these commettees and usually
there is the chief of the department of administration of the district of
the city, who is also the vice-chief of the administration (and man! nothing
bad about this, but TOO busy to do anything else), so the ONLY person who is
dealing with all the cases is usually the secretary - woman, who is very sad
on our meetings and says, that she can't do many things alone. that's true,
and the parents are busy or unable to change anything with their children
surroundings.

so may be they can gather together?

that will be next week.

I wish you all the best

sorry for talking too much
and load your heads (as we say in Russian) with some Russian problems...

take  care

elena