Dan, et. al.; Re: Leveling the Playing Field

J. Paul Everett JPESeeker at aol.com
Sat Oct 13 12:03:03 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/5/01 2:27:41 AM, chay at alaska.com writes:

<< This much is certain:  no initiative put in place starting today can have a

substantial effect on the peak production year.  No Caspian Sea exploration,

no drilling in the South China Sea, no SUV replacements, no renewable energy

projects can be brought on at a sufficient rate to avoid a bidding war for

the remaining oil.  At least, let's hope that the war is waged with cash

instead of with nuclear weapons. >>

Dan,

First, I really appreciate solid information of the kind you put forth.  With
so many people losing their critical faculties these days, it's refreshing to
find someone who keeps reality in view.  As a great teacher of mine once said
"Reality dictates to you, you do not dictate to Reality."

Second, I'm always wary of absolutist statements about oil in the world such
as the one copied above.  There have been numerous predictions of oil
disaster for decades now and new "stuff" keeps being discovered or invented.
I suspect we will do so again.  Some of the work converting power from
sunlight is beginning to hold real promise and that is certainly a universal
energy (except here in the NW of the USA, lol)