CONNECT, an online 911 space

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Sat Oct 13 09:50:01 PDT 2001

Forwarded. (This may be a good source for voices from the "spicy" US,
florian.) You may recognize some of the facilitators as OS people. -- Jeff

The tragic events of September 11 have precipitated a dangerous crisis and,
paradoxically, an opportunity for something new and unexpected to emerge.
Our positive response is called CONNECT, an online space which will link
people who seek to bring what they most value to the issues arising from
September 11, 2001. We are opening space for the engagement of multiple
patterns of making meaning from a diversity of cultures, spiritual,
intellectual, and artistic traditions.

We have created a web portal called CONNECT located at
http://www.bigmindmedia.com/CONNECT
CONNECT includes links to high quality websites, art work, and learning
environments from around the world.  In addition, there are facilitated
dialogues, both public and with invited groups of thought leaders.

Such a space will help us:

* To explore our assumptions and fears as well as our deepest wisdom.

* To connect with each other as human beings, with the hope that our humble
explorations will help a more humane collective intelligence to emerge.

* To understand the political, economic, social and spiritual forces that
can make a difference at this pivotal moment in human history.

* To develop a deeper understanding of the conditions that caused the
current situation, and couple that understanding with our highest thinking,
communication and action for co-creating a better world.

We are inviting you to participate in the CONNECT Conversations to share
the current edges of your learning, especially since 9/11, and to identify
what questions are attracting your attention right now.

To register to participate in the CONNECT Conversations, go to
http://www.bigmindmedia.com/CONNECT and click on "Conversations"

Thank you for your interest and support in this important work. Let's CONNECT!

The CONNECT Facilitators,
Doug Carmichael, Peter Evans, Rick Ingrasci, Mark R. Jones, Gabriel
Shirley, Anne Stadler, Bob Stilger