os journey

Nuran Yigit nuranyigit at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 23:19:54 PDT 2001

selam friends,
i feel a bit bad, because i haven't wrote a long time and i know that some
people are wondering, how i am doing here especially after the attack. here
are some news. after the 11th of september everything what i planned
changed. i was in san fransisco at that time with lisa heft(she is a great
woman, believe me!). my boyfriend and me wanted to meet in that week in new
york to spend some travelling time together, but my arrival from san
fransisco and his flight from berlin was impossible. i was very confused and
scared about the situation, so we decided that my boyfriend should not come
anymore and i was thinking of going back to germany. but this thought gave
me a bad feeling, because i didn't wanted to leave, i wanted to keep on my
travelling and to speak to the people, to share their feelings and thoughts,
so i decided to stay. what happened was, that my boyfriend didn't wanted me
to leave alone here (i already arrived in new york), and he surprised me and
flew to new york. so, now he is here and we travelled already to philadephia
(we had the chance to participate at the annual meeting of beyond borders in
open space, which is the organisation where john engle is working in
haitii), washington and now we are in toronto staying with friends. it is so
interesting to be here in canada after the attak and to discuss with people
here. they seemed to be so much more sensitive and critical than people in
the states (this is just my impression...).
our next travelstop after toronto (hello to everybody in toronto!!!) will be
montreal and quebec. if anybody would like to meet us, we would be very
happy to meet  you.

love and peace,
nuran