Leveling the Playing Field

Toni Petrinovich sacred at anacortes.net
Thu Oct 4 22:54:34 PDT 2001

Recently, I was forwarded a lengthy email that included, in pertinent part, the following information:

In the book "Black Gold Hot Gold" the oil expected to flow from the vast oilfields under the Russian Caspian Sea, discovered about 20 years ago remains undrilled and untapped. That field contains about 500 years worth of oil at present world consumption rates. The only possible oil pipeline routes at the present time to handle the massive flow of oil from the Caspian Sea region under Chenya is either through Kosovo to the Mediterranean Sea, or through Afghanistan and Pakistan to the Indian  Ocean.  Two years ago, the Clinton administration attempted to place Kosovo under international control and begin pipeline construction, but was unable to complete the process.

The normal oil route would have been to move oil from Chenya, across the Black Sea and through the Bosporus to the Mediterranean. But the narrow Bosporus channel is already clogged with oil tankers from the existing
Black Sea oilfields. The only alternate is to move the tankers from the Black Sea, bypassing the Bosporus, up the Danube River and then through a very short pipeline across Kosovo to the Mediterranean at Tirana, Albania.  That process was stopped by the Chinese who have supplied and armed the Albanians, as a client state, since 1949.

Following the Soviet discovery of the vast Chechen oilfields in the  late 1970's, they attempted to take control of Afghanistan to provide a  massive pipeline system to allow the Soviets to market their oil directly from
the Afghan-Pakistan seaport. This resulted in the decades long Soviet-Afghan war. The Soviets were stopped by the U.S. supplied and armed insurgent groups, including Osama bin Laden, who defeated the Soviets in the late 1980's.  The Soviets had massively built up their military in the 1980's, including the world's largest nuclear submarine fleet, gambling on the huge profits to be made by selling their Chechen oil on the open market. When the Afghans under bin Laden, backed by the U.S. CIA stopped the construction of the Soviet-Afghan pipeline, the Soviet Union went through an economic collapse and ceased to exist in 1991. The vast Chechen oilfield still
remains fallow and untapped. As identified in "Black Gold Hot Gold," the Empire of Energy is now making a new attempt to market the Chechen oil by carpet bombing Afghanistan and building the Afghan pipeline.

The terrain in northern Afghanistan is the arid rugged foothills of  the Himalayas known as the Hindu Kush and is defended by the large fierce tribal armies of the Northern Coalition who are excellent guerilla  fighters
with years of experience fighting Soviets, now backed by the Chinese, and not connected with the main Taliban  government in Kabul. The Soviets spent over 10 years at great expense to attack and "carpet bomb"
Afghanistan, but they found fortress Himalaya is impenetrable. The result was  tremendous loss of Soviet lives  and the economic collapse of the Soviet Union. George Bush is now leading the United States down that same road. The Empire of Energy has for almost 100 years had as its goal the dismantling of the United States of America and amalgamating it into one large global energy market. They have found in George Bush a willing partner. Any  war in Afghanistan would pit the  U.S. against the Chinese who just last week, on the day of the Word Trade Center attack, signed a mutual pact with the Afghans.

And so why would I wish to pass this information on when so much is being circulated daily?  Because it levels the playing field; though seemingly a story of division, it brings us together - we see the U.S., Russia, China and Afghanistan (to name only a few of the players) neatly outlined in the drama that unfolds before  us, not simply a group of terrorists attacking the United States because we "stand for freedom".  It allows us to see that this is much more of a world endeavor than the U.S. pitting itself against the "evil" outsiders.

And when the playing field is leveled, it allows us to step inside that field and begin to really hold and create the intention of peace, non-fear and motivational prayer that creates, with conceptual integrity, One Intention for Peace rather than a nation of beings hoping that a God outside of themselves is going to grant something urgently requested.  Do you not know that the citizens in these nations are holding the same intention with each of us?  And it is to the degree that we are able to hold it in purity without hatred, anger or the need for revenge that it IS accomplished.  Greater miracles than this have been created by less numbers.

I am reminded of a quote from I Corinthians, 3:2 - "I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto you were not able to bear it, neither yet now are you able."

Let the prayer of your heart ensure that you are now able to bear "meat"; that the strength that comes with the maturity and wisdom of age will hold you in the fastness of knowing that brings understanding and compassion to a world that is filled with destruction and fear.  Let your knowing and your faith in the power of creation through each of us as Divine Beings create a vision of a world united.  It is in this common prayer and intention that it IS created.  It is our Divine birthright and our obligation to the earth that sustains us.

Toni Petrinovich