Other threads of conversation

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Mon Oct 1 12:29:04 PDT 2001

I am hearing some voices, which, directly and indirectly, seem to be
saying they are yearning for some Open Space dialog other than that
related to 911.

In the spirit of Open Space, I hear this as a voice that is showing
up in the (Open Space) marketplace and believe that it will take form
as others find themselves in a place to open up again to other
issues.  911 has clearly been an important event for many and dialog
about it has attracted good attendance.  From a larger perspective,
the country and the larger world has also been pre-occupied with this
and is also beginning to identify the need to expans into the rest of
life.  I am personally approaching this as a "trust the process"
issue, believing that people will cluster around the topics they need
to talk.  As in any Open Space process, transitions may show up in
unpredictable ways, rational and smooth, erratic, chaotic, organized,
abrupt, with resistance, or who knows.  Whatever happens is what was
supposed to happen.

I urge those who want to join with others in other dialog on other
topics to take the initiative to name that topic and put forth a
strong invitation.  Say what you want and ask for people to join you
in the manner, time and place you choose. Whoever comes is who was
supposed to be there.

In the Spirit of Open space,

Kenoli
--
Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,