Staying in the Room

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Thu Nov 29 14:13:52 PST 2001

I tend to leave the room more with a small group in Open Space.  If they
start orienting toward me, I definitely leave for awhile.  In larger
events it makes little difference, and I'm often involved at some point
in the recording process.  The small group has a harder time taking
ownership if I am there.  A large space or connected spaces works well
for small groups, then I can go to where the recording is being done or
another room if I need to be around.  Walks or naps are good, however.

Could it be the facilitator's need that comes into play in wanting to
"protect" the small group as well as hold the space.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada