AW: AW: an open space for around 1500 people ?

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 16 15:47:15 PST 2001

At 10:46 AM 11/16/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Harrison, you don't need 30 visual facilitators for 30 groups! We
>made the experience, that within 10 to 15 minutes you can pick up the
>essentials of a group discussion, no matter wether you come in rather in
>the beginning or the end. We would not have dared to claim that - it is
>really a matter of experience! For example, we visualized a conference of
>800 postmen in Berlin, and went to 36 concurrent groups one after the
>other, 10 minutes each (my god, that was really hard work!) - and we were
>only two persons! We showed the resulting pictures to the postmen
>afterwards asking if something was missing, and see, everybody was satisfied!

Sounds great -- do it! But any time I hear somebody say ....(my god, that
was really hard work!) all I can think about is that my normal Open Space
nap might be interrupted. With diligence such as you demonstrate, we may
blow the whole scam. As some folks have remarked to me "Harrison, you have
really done it. The client does all the work, even writes the report. And
you take a nap and get paid???" Got to be careful.

ho

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA