an open space for around 1500 people ?

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Fri Nov 16 11:18:46 PST 2001

This one was rejected, too, and is being re-sent??????? -- Kenoli

Toke -- I did a Kathie Dannemiller style event with 1500 people with
Kathie.  It was quite a show.  Only half of them showed up the 2nd
day (she said don't say "Only half came back", say "Wow, we got half
of them back.").  Because we could only find rooms big enough for
750, we split them up into two groups and linked the rooms with
television projection onto 2 30x30 foot screens (4 altogether) in
each room.  We had big facilitation teams and huge logistical teams.
Even so, the size of the group was energizing and felt very
self-organizing.  I think, aside from physical, and sometimes
personnel demands, large groups are actually easier than small groups.

It sounds like you have lots of good advice and I'll bet you have an
exciting conference.  Where is the conference going to be?

Kenoli
--
Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,