AW: an open space for around 1500 people ?

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Thu Nov 15 05:34:44 PST 2001

hi toke,

so many participants produce a lot of results - if they are careful and
write their reports, that could result in a lot of paper.

we had the chance to accompany several open space sessions and to gather
results with handdrawn pictures, which we edited as picture protocolls
later. in German we call that VISUELLE PROTOKOLLE, in English you can name
it graphic recording, group graphics, vision painting ...and if you take
some more responsibility, visual facilitation.

especially at open space sessions we found it very helpful to see afterwards
in the group what happened. for 1.50 participants you could do that with
'visualizers'.

one participant said:"I know what I can contribute, because I am an expert,
and I did so. Without your pictures I would have gone home proud  and
satisfied. And now in front of the picture wall I suddenly realize, what
other people had to say, how my contributions mixed and merged with theirs,
and how we reached together solutions on a higher level!

so perhaps you can consider a cooperation with visual facilitators - I think
it's worth while!

reinhard