Ideas for closing activity?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 7 11:49:40 PST 2001

Thank you all so much for your ideas regarding a closing activity for my second / final weekend with the Catholic Diocese strategic planning process advisory group.

>From your idea, Judi, of taking one step away from the circle at the end realizing the energy of the circle goes with them...

...to your idea, Agneta, for passing around a koosh ball in total silence...

...to your thoughts on the seed packets, Doug...

...to passing the ball of yarn back and forth weaving a great connected spiderweb, Don...

...to your ideas for a graffiti wall and an Open Space Mass, Harrison...

to your additional thoughts on Open Space Mass and talking stick, Brian...

You all provide me with rich fertilization for all the creative possibilities.

Tonight we will meet to finalize design on this weekend, which begins Thursday.

The Open Space Mass idea really started my team members going, and great stuff, I think, will happen around that.  We are also talking about using prayer and affirmation / Alleluias for each round of the convergence process -- very cool indeed.

Meanwhile, I am trying to learn the first few bars of Ave Maria on the concertina (baby accordion).  I'm using the concertina for an analogy of us and the whole year's planning process coming in and out and in and out, and the accordion also has a way of making a noteless breathing sound, which I want to remind them to do.  And just
in case they dare me to play something....

I'll post a report of how Weekend #2 went next week sometime.

You are all definitely riding around on my shoulders (very lightweight and whispering lots of constructive, humorous, affirming, wicked, insightful comments into my ear) as I facilitate this one.

Thanks again, all you great people,

Lisa

--
L i s a    H e f t