Ideas for closing activity?

Agneta Setterwall agneta.setterwall at telia.com
Fri Nov 2 02:55:39 PST 2001

Best Lisa...about a closing I like, which is somewhat different:
I have several times now used a "silent round" as closure in different
groups, also after a one-and-a-half day OpenSpace - I have passed a nice
kosh-ball clock-works, and we let it go through all hands. I think a
kosh-ball is a good object in such a round, because the way it feels invite
everybody to explore it for a little while, to shut the eyes, to cuddle, to
fiddle, to...My experience is that everybody takes their time to meet and
really experience that wandering ball, that connection between us. The
silence in the room is full of presence, full of everything that has been
said and experienced during the meeting, and we share it in this silence. It
is a relaxed feeling not to be expected to say anything (could be good after
a day full of talking, of words). When the ball at last comes back to me (it
can take longer then one expects...) I just make a "pling" with my bell, and
says "now it is over".  The shift in the room is immediate, my feeling is
simular to that when a yoga-nidra session is over - "oom tat sat - yoga
nidra is over!"
best whishes
Agneta Setterwall